CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 28, 2005

Strong Enough

round and round it goes
the stress choking me
but i shall not let her see
i visualize the stress going round and round
going down the drain
down with the mess
fall away from me
fall away from my life
from our life
no doubt the next two months will test our strength
as individuals we'd sukk
and as a couple we kick ass
i have faith in that
if nothing else
she's not wandering aimlessly in the dark anymore
she's not alone in this adversity
in one hand
i have the light of hope and faith
with my other hand
i reach for her in the darkness
to let her know i am there
and she is not lost
it seems weird that i am not falling apart at the seams
that i am not buckling under the stress
i am standing strong
stronger than i ever was
staring into the bitter face of change
i see hope
i see our path
the darkness shall not entrance me
the disguise will not fool me into chaotic weak submission
i keep saying that this is what we both wanted anyways
to go home
its almost as if we've laughed in the face of the devil
and his co-conspirator, evil, is daring us to doubt
so we'll fold and take the easy way out
i have faced a bigger evil in my time
if my father couldn't bring me down
a little strife and adversity damn sure won't either
perhaps the mask i am wearing
it is the color of strength
she sees when she looks into my eyes
i'm thinking maybe its not a mask
maybe
just maybe
i am strong
i am strong enough for her
for us
for me
she and i are Blessed to have found each other
i am thoroughly and genuinely ecstatic that i have found me
i was scared of what was beneath my rough exterior
so many negative, nasty, raw emotions
all bubbling with nowhere to blow
now, i am in control
it is MY life
i control the anger,
the love,
the happiness,
the authenticity...
i control my breathing...
in and out it goes
the purple goes into my soul
and comes out
in and out...