CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 16, 2005

Looking Into The Mirror

okie dokies.
so last night,
my Bella LAID the SMACKDOWN on me.
OMFG!!
i slept ALL DAY today.
hmmm... moving on.
tonight i watched this show on TLC entitled
" The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off "
i HIGHLY reccomend yall watch it if you see it on.
it'll DEFINATELY put things into perspective for yall.
it made me feel as if my disability,...
was nothing more than a different color jacket.
nothing note worthy.
why?
because it is what is on the inside that makes us who we are.
and this program,
validated my belief.
it made me realize that anyone can make an impact.
all you have to do is:
dare to dream and believe it.
that's one of my resolutions for 2006.
to dream, believe, and see.
because after all, what is it that they tell the children?
seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing.
i'll believe in myself, my love, who i am, my family, my friends,
my Bella, my life, my heart & soul.
2006 will be a great year for me,
i can feel it.
adversities and strife no doubt,
will try to become obstacles to block the progression of my journey.
i will kick and scream to let out my frustrations,
but it is then and only then will i defeat the hurdles set before me.
in my past, i have confided to my closest friends that one of my goals in life

is to make an impact on somebody's life
in the manner that my Nana made an impact on my own life.
but i think that instead, maybe in 2006 i will get a bit selfish.
perhaps i'll do my damnedest to make that impact on MY OWN life...
and in doing that,
i believe i can accomplish the Herculean task of making an impact on someone else's life.
because if i better myself
by believing in myself, trusting myself,
having more faith myself, and even beginning to love myself...
then i know i will be in a better position to give more to the people in my life.
i can see it now,
the purple rays of light
poking out from behind the cloud of my past.
my future is looking bright.