CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 22, 2007

finding zen.




Learning to let go can be effortless some minutes
and unbelievably challenging the next minute.
It’ll work out the way it’s meant to;
everything always does.
Watching Jackson
reminds me of how simple life can be.
Eating,
pooping,
playing,
exploring,
sleeping.
To be blissfully ignorant of all the world’s woes,
to live,
laugh,
and love so innocently.
That is the beauty of children,
you see.
That’s the beauty of life.
Never mind your faith,
race,
gender,
status,
or wealth.
All children across the spectrum epitomize the good left in this world;
the way life should be lived.
Perhaps adulthood is about uneducating ourselvesand relearning life’s simple joys.
As Jackson stretches his legs and falls down to the floor with all 4 splayed out,
I am grateful.
When he decides that the blanket insulted him,
and it must be punished,
I laugh.
The way Harley imitates a stoned pothead while basking in the sun,
reminds me to take it easy.
When my Bella is still groggy after just waking up
and has this goofy yet absolutely adorable look upon her face,
I am reminded of how lucky I am,
and how fragile everything is.
I know how crazy,
lonely,
depressed,
angry,
pathetic,
and rock bottom it can all get.
That’s why I’ll never forget where I came from.
That’s why I keep karma on my shoulder.
We only get one go round,
I’m enjoying the ride.