CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 26, 2007

state of grace.





May I be happy, well and peaceful.
May my parents, grandparents and ancestors be happy, well and peaceful.
May my brothers and sisters, my spouse and children, my grandchildren
and all future generations be happy, well and peaceful.
May all my friends and all my enemies be happy.
May all human beings sharing the earth be happy.
May all forms of life, plants, animals, birds, fish and insects be happy.
May all sentient beings in the universe be happy.
May we all be free from suffering and pain.
May we all be free from attachment of greed, anger and ignorance.
May we all attain perfect peace and happiness of Enlightenment through
Buddha's Wisdom and Compassion.


May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness;
May all be free from sorrow and the causes of sorrow;
May all never be separated from the sacred happiness which is sorrowless;
And may all live in equanimity,
without too much attachment and too much aversion,
And live believing in the equality of all that lives.



you know,
tomorrow's my birthday.
i'm sitting here thinking that i will be 25.
25.
wow.
it doesn't seem real.
i am an adult.
it seems absurd.
COMPLETELY.
i'm not where i thought i'd be at in my life.
but then again,
i dreamt fairytales by the seat of my pants.
so,
hell,
i didn't even really know where i wanted to be.
i believe i know the direction i am to go;
destiny will continue to take my hand and lead me.
i have been many places
and seen many faces.
but this i know,
i am most definately in a state of grace.
and this place,
this place is where i call home.
i feel as if i am at an intersection;
a convergence,
if that is even a word.
like in Frequency where the past meets the present.
the dividing line of my past is merging with my present.
yes indeed,
my state of grace.
this is it.
this is my utopia.
life aint perfect,
and by far,
aint fair.
and shit still happens.
always will.
but hey,
i think that its good that we can atleast still have the shit happen.
i mean,
not to be sinister,
but we could be "pushin up daisies."
i'm 25.
and i'm happy.
now,
my wisdom tells me
it don't get better than this.



grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference