CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 13, 2007

everyone's a little bit racist.



So today on the view,
freedom of speech and the topic of racism was the subject of debate.
(they were discussing the Imus situation.)
Rosie claimed it was about freedom of speech,
while Elisabeth claimed it was about racism.
now, I normally tend to agree with Rosie,
however, today I did not.
in my opinion,
the reason that people got so fired up about the situation,
was because it was about racism.
to be more specific,
it is truly about the double standard of racism in this country.
Imus would have never said that about a basketball team of men.
not only was it racist against blacks,
it was demeaning towards women as well.
Liz would have been proud of me today though,
when Rosie mentioned avenue q’s “everyone's a Little bit racist,”
I knew what it was!
In fact,
I actually really like that song.
anyways, moving on...
I keep thinking about the next bridal shower that my friend will be having in her honor.
the person throwing it for her is my childhood bully.
karma has indeed visited her.
none of us are who we were as a child;
time changes all of us.
I have found forgiveness but somehow I still can't forget.
I wonder how it will go,
it is ironic to say that only time will tell.
tomorrow night,
we have a Little League baseball game.
then on Saturday morning,
we go to pick up Jackson.
I am so excited!
Yesterday,
I began to paint a new painting.
I don't know what it was but I had this dire need to paint.
I worked on all night last night,
all night tonight,
and still I am not finished.
to me,
painting is cathartic;
it allows my soul to sing a sweet lullaby to the universe,
and it rejuvenates my senses.
when I paint,
peaceful nirvana is bestowed upon me.
i blissfully dance in the purple,
because I know that every broken Road has led me to where I am.
and where I am is where I am meant to be.
it is only here where I am content.