CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself

today i went to school
well...
a trembling lower lip convinced Bella to accompany me
we got my application
and transcript request form
i've officially got the ball rolling
tomorrow my app will be turned in
transcript request given to WFHS
and then comes the wait

3 business days i must wait to complete the online FAFSA
logically
i know its a small accomplishment
first step of my new journey completed
Bella may be on to something when she said
"the first step is the hardest"
i told Mawmaw
and got a rather heart warming fuzzy lavishing speech
about how much she loves me,
how proud of me she is,
adversity,
strength
hot damn!!
i'm still the favorite grandchild

ya know what?
life is good.
life is hard.
life is chocked slam full of adversities.
life is not so full of the slivers of sunshine that hurdle past the black clouds.

everybody has their medical sap story
...crude to say, but a fact of life
strength and courage can be found around every corner
stories of great, immensely interesting humanity are endlessly numerous
gives the listener that warm fuzzy feeling
and that warm, fuzzy feeling reminds the sarcastic & pessimistic
of mold slowly creeping over a forgotten block of cheese


but the hope braided within the stories
transform meagerly desperate souls to stout Herculeans full of faith

i undoubtedly know i'm a medical miracle baby
though not fooling myself
my inner Yoda says
"much i have overcome, but more i have to conquer"


I LIKE IT – Dixie Chicks

“A sea couldn't wash away
The happiness I've come to find since love
Has taught me how to break
Break these chains that hold me back
Noisy streets and the sleepy bars
And the neon signs and the rusty cars
How many nights have I wondered how
One goes through life without seeing the beauty of love
Whooa, the beauty of love
Whooa”



I’M GONNA TAKE THAT MOUNTAIN – Reba

“It’s overwhelming looking up
I know when it’s the challenge of
Me against this heartache to survive
I may slip and I may fall
But even if I have to crawl
I’ll break through to the healing side
I’m gonna take that mountain
Ain’t nothing gonna slow me down
And there ain’t no way around it
Gonna leave it level with the ground
Ain’t just gonna cross it, climb it, fight it
I’m gonna take that mountain”