CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 08, 2007

blessings.

I have pondered the Reba concert much since our homecoming.
The concert was held in the most intimate arena I've yet seen.
It was warm,
but not intolerable.
Let me digress;
I am an avid Reba fan,
have been since my childhood,
pre "Fancy" days.
I've been to concerts where this lady has emerged from fire,
an airplane,
and a taxi cab…
ALL ON STAGE!!
For "Is There Life Out There,"
there were desks,
chalkboards,
graduates,
etc.
These performances were nothing short of a full fledged theatrical performance!
My goodness,
seeing 17 tractor trailer trucks in the Florence Civic Center parking lot was indeed a sight to behold!
In this recent concert,
there was colored lights,
and I'm sure I spotted some fog up there with her,
but she is a long way from changing clothes from behind a shower stall door!!
Another noticeable change was in her voice;
she did her yodel-kinda thing at the end of "Whoever's In New England"
instead of that high pitched end.
I am SOOOOOOO thankful we went;
our seats were FABULOUS!!
For a woman in her 50s,
Mrs. McEntire SHO' was SMOKIN!!
A rather magical aspect,
was that fire flies danced above us throughout the concert!!
It gave it a romantic atmosphere.
The diversity at the concert was moving!!
Gays outnumbered straights BIGTIME!!
A 15ish y/o girl that looked like Snow White,
Mothers that wanna be their daughters,
and a black man in a kilt!!
We had fun seeing Mason;
we always love to see him!
My future baby daddy is a true southern gentleman!
This Paris Hilton stuff is hilarious to me.
Whoah es me!
Our media is fixated on a spoiled heiress who can't hack 45 days in prison,
but not the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for an illegal war?
No skewed vision there,
is there?
I can't watch the TV news anymore;
the hatred oozes out my TV into my home.
I'm not blind to the hatred which resides in our country;
it just stops at our doorway.
This is our humble abode,
our safe place from this harsh world.
Thank goodness for that.

Pictures from this trip.