CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 06, 2005

I Love You Back

went to Folly at like 1 a.m.
24 oz. beer in hand
cigerettes
my glasses
and blanket in tow just in case
found a dock thingy with steps
clear night it was
all the stars were lighting the way for the waves to blanket the shore
the tide was high
"mother nature's taking her land back" she says
we sit on the steps taking in the splendor surrounding us
the sound
the smell
the sights
damn invisible 'squiters annoying us,
in between drags of a cigerette or sips of the beer
the cigerette smoke contrasted the black of the night sky
in a silky sultry manner
though a light weight am i
when it comes to alcohol
it was nice,
hadn't had a beer in a while
drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts
it was so clear to me,
clearer than the night sky
she was the one
they told me of split aparts
that she is to me
i survived birth for this reason
she's the angel to be by my side for the rest of my life
its as clear as a Bell
the next day
hangover and all for me
to Jamison we went
laundry in tow
feels like two love sick college kids going home to Mom's
i love it there
so homey
a true family
sweet southern comfort
julia sugarbaker says
you proudly display the crazy members of your family
on the front porch
you don't hide them
we just relaxed
after that first night there
we had to
momma's night gown in grandmother's bed
*woot woot*
see if that don't mess with ya mind any
she'll kill me when she sees this
if she doesn't blush or bust out laughing first
rented Spanglish and The Forgotten
got in the jacuzzi in between movies
Spanglish,
good movie
shitty ending
The Forgotten,
damn that julianne moore is hot
its gotta be that red hair
good movie too by the way
went to Florence after leaving Jamison
was nervous for her to meet my own Mother
don't get me started on her
was just hoping and praying that everyone behaved
saw my boys
time is flying by so fast
my heart aches to see how much my brothers are growing up
and margaret,
soon she'll be driving
seems all so surreal
like a dream
did it all ever really happen
but then i look over at cheryl
and i know that yes it did
yes there's been heartaches
"years and miles
tears and smiles"
as jimmy buffet says
but it'll all be okay
she saw past the fascade
saw the sadness
she sees my flaws
my imperfections
and knows the inevitable struggle ahead of me
yet she still takes me by the hand
smiles
as her blue eyes twinkle and sparkle like a bright star
and she says
"i love you back"