CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 19, 2007

i wonder.












Not sure why,
but Prick has been in my head more than I care to like.
I wonder how he feels on my birthday.
I wonder if he thinks of me.
Not that I care what he thinks of me,
as he has made that blatantly and painfully crystal clear.

“Sometimes I think about you
Wonder if you’re out there somewhere thinkin' 'bout me
And would you even recognize the woman that your little girl has grown up to be
‘Cause I look in the mirror and all I see are your brown eyes lookin' back at me
They’re the only thing you ever gave to me at all”

I have no desire to attempt to erect another disastrous relationship with him.
But I think that now as an adult,
looking back,
it would’ve been nice to have truly been a daddy’s girl.
I also know now that parents are far from perfect;
mistakes are made,
especially when you’re the guinea pig.
But I also know that if you allow for it,
love can smother the anger and hatred.
To live one’s life submerged in that darkness
undoubtedly causes blindness to all.
I vowed to eradicate every trace of him from me.
But as time paces onward,
I’d be foolish to deny the reflection I see in the mirror.
You can see him.
While I may not like that,
I can also see where he isn’t,
as compared to where he was.
And I think that,
is quite grand.
"What lies behind us and lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." – Ralph Waldo Emerson